Solar Pool Heating Cost: Is It Worth It?
We might be coming to the end of winter, but that doesn’t mean the chilly weather is over. Even when we get into the warmer summer months, pool water can still feel uncomfortably cold, especially for younger children and parents swimming with babies.
Fortunately, solar pool heaters are an effective, low cost, and eco-friendly solution to keeping your pool at a comfortable temperature all year round. There are many advantages to investing in solar heat. Today we discuss a few, to help you consider whether or not solar heating is right for you and your pool.
Solar Pool Heating Advantages
Heating your pool with solar is an economical way to heat your pool and provides the following advantages:
- Extend Your Swimming Season – In Sydney and Wollongong, you can expect to get 5-6 months worth of use from your pool with solar heating as opposed to 3 months without.
- Lower Your Carbon Footprint – Solar heating is a renewable and clean energy source, so you can rest easy knowing you are doing your part to protect our beautiful planet.
- Save Money – Solar pool heating has virtually no running costs. With the money you save on gas and electricity, you can expect to recoup the upfront expenditure in approximately two years.
- Durable Equipment – Generally speaking, solar equipment is durable and most components will come with at least a twenty year warranty. After your initial equipment investment, solar energy is the gift that keeps on giving.
How Much Does Solar Pool Heating Cost?
Determining how much solar pool heating will cost you depends on a number of variables (size of the pool, placement of panels and the climate of your location, for example), so the following information is just a guide.
Generally speaking, for an average size family pool you will need to budget between $5000 and $7000 to install solar heating.
Hipages provides the following approximate costs for solar panels
- $2750 for a 30 cubic metre pool (17 panels)
- $4750 for a 45 cubic metre pool (36 panels)
- $6350 for a 60 cubic metre pool (48 X 132 panels)
You will also need to factor in the cost of the heat pump and installation.
Ask Riviera Pools About Solar Heat
Are you ready to invest in solar pool heating? The team at Riviera Pools is excited to help you on this journey towards renewable energy. Get in touch with us today to find out more about heating your pool with solar.